Pump question

Users who are viewing this thread

Ret 1SG

Reaction score
I had to have a whole pump system installed, the plumber couldn't get the 4 inch pump down the casing, so he installed a new 3 inch pump.

The trouble is that once it hits the point to kick on, the pressure drops down to all most nothing. The instruction book does state that due to the soft start options there is a 2-3 second delay in pressure. This is a nuisance and i don't like it nor does the rest of the family. He did come back but said unless i had the casing cleaned there is nothing he would do, the pump is manufactured by Grundfos. Thanks.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
So I take it this is a Grundfos SQ with a very small tank. If it is the SQE with the variable speed controller you are out of luck. If it is just an SQ with a regular pressure switch, you can use a larger pressure tank. The larger tank will give you the water needed for a few more seconds before the pump gets up to speed. If you already have a larger tank, you simply need to let a little air out of the tank. Drop the air pressure to 10 PSI below the start pressure of the switch.

Ret 1SG

Reaction score
Pump Question from Ret 1SG

No i had to have a new pressure tank put in last year so there was nothing wrong with it and it is a large tank set at 28lbs on and 49lbs off. So i will try letting out 10 lbs to 19 or 20 and see how that works. The plumber wants to know if i find out anything, because he has never run into this problem, of course i had to be the first one that it had to happen to.

Thanks again
Retired Army First Sergeant

Speedbump

Reaction score
Hey Top,

The Plumber has no experience, that's why he never heard of this before. You would have been better off with a Well Driller or Pump man. Well and Pump guys don't go around changing out Toilets and Water Heaters.

Anyhow, the lesser pressure in the tank should give you the extra time for the Pump to get started.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks