Cycle Stop Valve setup

Users who are viewing this thread

dieselburner

Reaction score
Hi, I just installed a new well and a CSV2W cycle stop valve. I have a 25GPM submersible pump and an 86 gallon pressure tank. My question concerns setting the pressure switch on the pump to work properly with the cycle stop valve. The instructions that came with the valve instruct to establish a 6-8gpm flow rate downstream of the valve and then adjust the valve to 10 psi higher than the desired system pressure. Since I would like to have 60psi on the system, I adjusted the cycle stop valve to 70psi at 7gpm flow rate and had to raise my pump shut off pressure to 75 psi. Does this sound right? Thanks

Speedbump

Reaction score
If this is for your home, you bought the wrong valve. You should have gotten the CSV1W or CSV1Z. They are rated 1 to 25 gpm and will keep your Pump running with a gallon per minute or more. The CSV2W is a 5 gpm valve, so while your in the shower, the Valve will allow the Pump to cycle. The 1W or 1Z will work fine with your 25 gpm pump.

bob...

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
With only a 25 GPM pump, you really only have to set that valve 5 PSI higher than you want on the sprinklers. There is nothing wrong with the settings you have now. You could have used a 1" valve such as the CSV1Z or 1W with a 25 GPM pump. The only difference is the CSV2W you have now will work between 5 and 25 GPM. The CSV1Z or W would have worked between 1and 25 GPM. Just means that you shouldn't run anything less than 5 GPM with that valve. Otherwise you are in good shape.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Sorrry we were posting at the same time. You can still take a shower and use things that are less than 5 GPM, you just need a little larger tank than you would with the CSV1Z or W. Not much difference though. I would recommend a 40 gallon size tank instead of a 20 gallon tank that would have been good with the CSV1Z or W.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks