Water main

Users who are viewing this thread

Canton

Plumber
Reaction score
I've taken over a job that has 2.5 baths, 1 kitchen and 1 laundrey on each side. The rough plumbing in this gut renovation has already been done and passed inspection. The house has one main that feeds both homes. The main water line comes in @ 3/4" and then t's to separate meters feeding each house. There is an 1 1/4" line in each basement that feeds all the fixtures, this line has been brought over and above the meters.
The water departments tells us that both meters have to be located where the main comes in, which means that one home will not have their meter in their basement....but that's not the problem.

The problem is, after doing the demand factors for each house the total capacity comes out 26, which really is 13 for each house.
The 26 requires an 1 1/4" line and the 13 only an 1".
So, my question is ..If I put a 3/4" x 1 1/4" coupling right after the meter and tie into the existing 1 1/4" line will I have a problem with the volume of water to the fixtures.

Rombo

Reaction score
i wouldn't do it. i would get a second main for the other house also 3/4

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks