New Problem Plugged Bath Faucet After Repair

Users who are viewing this thread

Roback

Reaction score
Well, to put closure on the pressure reducing valve and leaky union saga ....
I ripped it apart and this time used teflon and slick tite and no leaks, in any of the connections but .... when I went to the upstairs bathroom to check the faucets in the bathroom, the faucet that was plugged yesterday with some pipe joint compound in the screen and then worked fine, today is not solved with that. With the screen off, the water runs very slow. The tub, sower, and toilet are fine, as is the pressure in the kitchen down the hall. Other than gunk getting stick in the screen, what causes a bathroom faucet to run slow, after a repair on the house plumbing? What should I do. I have a Jado faucet with a cartridge in it. Could it be plugged up in there? What would be the simplest to most involved way to address this problem now. I thought about just letting the water run for a couple of hours to see if it blows what is in there out, but seems like a waste of water. Any help would be appreciated. I only have one operable sink in the bathroom as I am looking for parts for the other faucet, so with this one running slow, I have no upstairs bathroom sink, essentially. I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
stoppage

Where did you put the joint compound and how much did you use to make it plug a faucet? If you did that, then there is no telling where it is causing the problem, but it is probably in the faucet itself, somewhere.

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
It is customary to remove the faucet aerator before opening valves that were shut to make a repair. There is always gunk and debris that works loose when valves are turned off and then on again. If the pressure is still low, even with the aerator off, then you need to flush out the system, starting with removing and cleaning the faucet cartridge, flushing out the supply lines, and even removing the shutoff valve stems if necessary.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks