DIY Sprinkler Well Point and Pump

Users who are viewing this thread

sgw0989

Reaction score
I'm going to install a lawn sprinkler system this spring and was thinking of putting the well pump in my garage along with the programmable controller. I so far have purchased a 36" x Ø2" well point with 80 gauze screen, and a RainBrid™ 6 zone controller Model #SST-600i. I would like to know what pump I would need for the irrigation system. My yard dimensions are 138' x 130', aschematic can be viewed here CLICK HERE (PDF FORMAT)

I have spoke with a couple of neighbor's across the street from me and and they said that they only had to go down 15' with they're well point to get water.

And last I would like too know how far from the house I should put the well point and if there are any DIY sites that can show me how to drive the point & get the pump flowing with water, as money is a little tight and I would also like the experiance of doing it myself

Last edited:

Speedbump

Reaction score
Your kinda putting the cart before the horse. First get the well in. Test it to see how much water it will produce, then get a pump to match either the well or your system according to how much the well can produce. Either way, your only going to be able to use as much as the well will let you have in gallons per minute. Once you have the gpm number then post back and someone can recommend a pump.

bob...

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
point

One way to drive the point is with a fence post driver pounding on the end of the pipe which has a drive cap on the top of it. The size of the yard is immaterial, you just have to know how much water each zone uses and whether the well can supply that much water, or if you have to reduce the size of the zones.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks