Kohler Rialto K-3402-PB toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

rdema19403

Reaction score
I have a Kohler Rialto (model # K-3402-PB) toilet and I just replaced the Cap Plunger Kit any how after I replaced it the toilet reservoir fills up but I can still hear water running If I go to the water meter you can still see the water meter running. If I pull up on the float ball a little the water stops running. Any ideas what would be causing this?
Thanks in advance,
Ralph

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Aren't You Lucky! Looky here!
http://www.us.kohler.com/us/catalog...inued=true&_requestid=8447068#parts-viewer/0/

Did you know that for a couple of hundred bucks more you could have a nice new Toto Drake... Made by a company that does not rake you over the coals for replacement parts. Plus it will flush a helluva lot better than that dinosaur!

k-3402-parts-terrylove-01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ron in SC

Reaction score
Did you know that for a couple of hundred bucks more you could have a nice new Toto Drake

I don't know if your Rialto is the older model that used 3.5 gallons to flush or not but if it is I'd rebuild it. I have a Rialto that I installed in 1988 and I have no complaints. I think it's gotten stopped up less than half a dozen times in 20 years. I did have to rebuild it a few years ago as just about all the internal parts were worn out or corroded.

I installed a Toto Drake in my detached garage yesterday and it was very simple and easy to install. I also installed a Toto ADA height Ultramax in our new downstairs master bedroom suite that's nearly finished.

Totos are my choice for replacement but I also like that old Rialto. The other Kolher toliets in the house are old Wellworth Lites that I definately would not recommend.

If you are going to replace your Rialto I be very interested in acquiring it, if it's the old model.

Last edited: