Toto Aquia Bowl Water

Users who are viewing this thread

gmohan123

Reaction score
aquia_top_view.jpg

On this site's recommendation I bought Toto Aquia and it looks nice. The installer thought the water in the toilet bowl (not the tank) is too low. Is there a way to increase it? Also has anyone else changed default setting for it? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Probably not...unless the refill tube is in placed properly, the toilet is like a cup of water...once it gets full, you can't get it higher. Try slowly pouring some water into the bowl...if it gets and stays higher, it may not be refilling properly. NOrmally, the bowl is overfilled (a little), and except for evaporation, will stay at that max point - any excess going down the drain. Older toilet not only dumped a lot more water, but overfilled the bowl quite a bit too. Not so with the new ones.

gmohan123

Reaction score
Thx for quick response but ..

Thanks for your quick resonse. May be it has enough water and I am just used to seeing a lot more. I will try your test not sure if my eyes will catch it held or drained. Is there a level/line or picture that can show me what is the right level?

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Perhaps this cut-away picture of a toilet will aid you in understanding that it is the design of the toilet that controls the amount of water in the bowl. Water over the dam so to speak. Add water to the bowl and if it doesn't rise it is the designed amount of water for the bowl. If it does rise look at the bowl refilling system for proper operation. If it rises then slowly drains down it is possible that there is a crack allowing the bowl to leak into the trapway.

toiletcrosssection.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

gmohan123

Reaction score
For Terry/Senior Member

I was really surprised to learn from Toto directly that they get numerous calls for Toto Aquia that waste sticks in the bowl and they said it is common to use brush after every use or do 2 flushes (even that has not resolved my issue and where does water preservation goes in that case!!).

I am surprised a toilet of this quality is still recommended on this website. To be very frank I am kind of getting reasons why Toto is recommended brand by Terry. Terry earlier mentioned if I buy Sterling I would be using Plunger often so was that better and save money or use a brush every time !!!

I would like to hear how many using Aquia is facing this problem. I should start another thread but wil wait for terry's response.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Reality is that all 1.6 gallon bowls or less, will need more touch up than the old pre 1992 3.5 and 5.0 toilets.

So since all new bowls will need cleaning sometimes.
The reviews are based on "NEW" toilets.
Not old 1991 or older.

The dual flush will at most, drop 1.6 gallons. And I would be surprised if anyone ever plugged up using 1.6 gallon flush.

You can also flush with 0.9 gallons.

Most single flush toilets, flush at least 1.6 gallons, and if the handle is held down, up to 3.0 gallons.

With any dual flush toilet with the small water spot, it can help to lay a square or two of paper down first.
This does two things,
1) reduces splash
2) less cleaning.

I had the Aquia installed for two years, and Cathy has had hers for 2.5 years. She likes hers, and wants to take the toilet with her when she moves. She had an old 5.0 toilet, and she prefers the Aquia over that.
She likes how easy it is to clean the base, and after you've had any bowl for a while, they don't stick as much. The first 30 days for any bowl, will be the worst.
The Caroma toilets from Austria has the same exact issues, having a small water spot too.
Both the Aquia and the Caroma are wash-down, so there is a lot of water coming down the bowl for rinsing.
As far as what tech support told you, that was not my experience.
Cathy and her adult kids that visit are quite happy with hers.

Last edited:

gmohan123

Reaction score
Thanks

Terry Thanks for your quick response. It looks very nice and it is brand new so hopefully after 30 days waste won't stick so much ... Accord to Tot they were saying that they get calls all the time and recommend using brush every time ..

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks