two dwellings, one well?

Users who are viewing this thread

jnrwood

Reaction score
I had a question about supplying a home plus a studio building, with water from the same well. How is the hookup done? are 2 pumps necessary?
Or can each pressure switch activate the pump independently? Then how does the water go to the right tank? dumb ??s i know, but can anyone help and tell me what i'm missing? jf

jnrwood

Reaction score
thanks for the reply, that makes sense, will the tank have to be re-sized? I suppose you might need the total demand to answer that. there will be radiant heat ,and a sink as the only domestic plumbing in the studio. the main house has two bathrooms, and the normal conveniences-dishwasher, washing machine, and 3 bedrooms (which the current tank is probably sized for).
thanks, jf

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
You size a pressure tank based on the hp of the pump. For up to 1 or 1.5 you want the pump off a minimum of 60 seconds between runs.

To add only a sink, you don't need to do anything but run a 3/4" or 1" line to the studio. A tank less electric water heater in the studio would do well for hot water.

jnrwood

Reaction score
thanks for the info, gary. Is pex being used at all for buried supply lines? might be easier than pvc. jon

jnrwood

Reaction score
in regards to the radiant heat, propane takagi tkjr heat source, the 15x20 floor space will be a dry sandwich/ 1/2" pex 8" oc, w/ alum plates. it has its own pump though. jf

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks