New sink drain

Users who are viewing this thread

tone100

Reaction score
I am going to help a friend finish out his attic. On one wall there is a vent pipe for the bathroom directly below it. Would it be lgal to tie into this vent as a drain for a sink in his new wet bar?

Construct30

Reaction score
IRC/IPC and most codes NO. You cannot wet vent between floors. If it were a waste stack and there were other vents for the floor below tied in above then yes.

dwv_b2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

tone100

Reaction score
Since the vent is coming straight up from the bottom of the wall I guess this isn't going to work. The walls are finished downstairs so I have no way of knowing how its setup. Thanks for the answers.

Garrett

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.garrettplumbingco.com
except for your re-vent below flood rim level. also, why did you individually vent the water closet. seriously over vented but perhaps thats code in your area.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks