Pump worn out ???

Users who are viewing this thread

flyboy53

Reaction score
Need advice please.....my well is 225 ft deep, submersible pump is located at 200 ft, water level as measured from top of well opening is 100 ft. The pump installed is Franklin model 2445089003, 1 hp, two wire. The tank is air over water, 20 gal, serviced to 38 psi and is brand new.
The problem is that the pump pressure will not go over 30 psi as read on gage. I have installed a new gage and since the pressure switch was old I installed a new 20/40. The pump is approximatley six years old. I removed the pump and noted a bit of mud in the intake which I cleaned out. Reinstalled pump and problem still exists. What pressure is normal for my situation ? Rather than simply replacing the pump (rather expensive) I wanted a pro's opinion....advice will be very appreciated.

Mike Swearingen

Reaction score
Website
www.albemarle-realty.com
I'm not a pump pro, but if you've installed a 20/40 pressure switch, you need to turn OFF the pump, drain the water pressure completely down off of the tank, and bleed the tank bladder pressure down to 18 psi. The pressure tank air pressure should be two psi below the cut-on pressure.
Are you sure that the gauge or the line to it isn't just plugged up?
Mike

Speedbump

Reaction score
If your gauge is correct, you either have a pump that is going bad, or you have a leak somewhere between the pump and gauge. A pump in working order should make at least 70 psi and usually far more.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks