Well, I tend to agree...name calling doesn't get anywhere useful.

As listed in my sig line, I'm not a pro. I don't necessarily agree with everything in the code books, but I do do it by the book. The problem is, not being a pro, sometimes I don't actually know what is right. Being an educated person, I either look for the answer, or using what I do know, make it work through research. My goal is never produce an unsafe product. When installing something, the average person doesn't think of all of the possibilities of what could go wrong. The codes try to account for that by being a group effort that has been refined over many years, taking into account some of those weird situations that could cause a problem. Most people would never see or experience all of those situations. But, by doing things by the codes, you should avoid having to learn the hard way. The code books don't need to explain why, but from what I understand, there is a valid reason. You can probably find it out if you research it, but most people just learn what is the code, and abide by it. If you are curious enough, go search out the rationale. The codes are a huge body of knowledge and experience...take advantage of them and avoid a dangerous situation, even if you don't understand why.

I'm going to try my moderator privaleges and close this after this post. It can be reopened by a moderator, I think, if deemed done in error.