Pump set up pressure question

Users who are viewing this thread

rubyroo

Reaction score
I have a new well and pump that I need to set up
The well is 15o ft deep 45ft static water and produces 25gpm has a 1hp 10gpm 2 wire water ace pump in set at 135 feet
the power is at the well but the house is 100 feet away and I would like to put the pressure switch at the well and the tank at the house 100 feet away
IS THIS POSSIBLE?
Thanks for any and all advice

Speedbump

Reaction score
First of all, you bought the wrong pump for the water level you have. I'm not sure why you set it that deep either if it pumps 25 gpm. There certainly is not going to be much drawdown.

You cannot put the tank and switch in different locations.

bob...

rubyroo

Reaction score
what would you do

i went to a local well driller and his advice was to put a 1hp pump at 10 gpm Maybe I should try something else
thanks
Jim

rubyroo

Reaction score
House h20 well pump Size

Water for a 3 bedroom home wit a few trees and small garden
would like more advice Did I put in too big of a pump ? Can i Still run this pump without any problems? would More Storage be A good or bad Idea
Thanks Again
JIM

KD

Reaction score
Why is a 1 hp the wrong pump? Should it be a 3/4 or a 1.5 hp ? And what is your reasoning? Also, Pinegrove, I suggest that you and your expert draw a plan of how you are going to plumb the pipes, switch, check valves, filter, etc. and send it to this forum. I suggest that you build a pump house to protect your equipment.

Speedbump

Reaction score
Why is a 1 hp the wrong pump? Should it be a 3/4 or a 1.5 hp ?

Because he bought a 1hp 10 gallon per minute. His water level is only 45 foot. So that pump can build 145 lbs but only pump less than 20 gpm. Where a 20 gpm 1 hp will not make enough pressure to break things and give half again as much water at the same pressure. And it won't be out of the efficiency curve doing so.

There is more to pumps than just horsepower. It's not my fault that the box stores sell only 10 gpm pumps, but that's how it is.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks