valvex faucet cartridge

Users who are viewing this thread

sysiphus

remodeler/handyman
Reaction score
Website
www.aishomeservices.com
Recently had to replace a kitchen faucet for a customer because it was leaking from the cartridge, and I could not find a replacement. The faucet itself was high quality brass and stainless steel, however I could find no identifying name or number. The cartridge has the word "valvex" and a date on it. The plumbing supply guy was stumped. I did find a Polish Valvex faucet company on the net, but they would not answer my email- much to my great grandmothers horror I speak almost no Polish.

Anyone heard of Valvex or know where I can get a replacement?:confused:

Thanks

JohnnyM

sysiphus

remodeler/handyman
Reaction score
Website
www.aishomeservices.com
pics of the faucet

attached are two photos of the faucet and one of the cartridge. As I said, it is pretty solid, the sprayer is metal, not chromed plastic ( like the one I put in it's place). Apologies for my photo taking skills. I resized em to pretty small for the dialer-uppers.

Look familiar to anyone? Owner thinks it came from Home Expo Design (ick!) maybe 3 or 4 years ago.

Attachments

• cartridge.jpg
    cartridge.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 546
  • faucet1.jpg
    faucet1.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 493
  • faucet 2.jpg
    faucet 2.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 434

JMEDGAR

Reaction score
Website
starcraftcustombuilders.com
Far to late to benefit the original inquirer. But here is the answer:
Valvex stem cartridges are manufactured in Poland by Valvex, SA a Meridian company that manufactures upscale faucets for Graff (also a Meridian company). Valvex is one of the very few faucet manufacturers that make their own stem cartridges, and by all accounts, a good one. It does not manufacture mixing cartridges for single-handle faucets.