pressure switch line blew off - please help

Users who are viewing this thread

R

Rancher

Gary Slusser said:
And rancher, you don't use inserts in it.
Thanks, Phil H2 said that a while back.

Phil H2 said:
Rancher: The fitting has a built in tube support so an insert is not necessary or possible.

So yes and no it does use a tube support, it's just built into the fitting, the only ones I've used with the 1/4" Poly tubing needed an insert.

Rancher

Raucina

Reaction score
Well, the straps are seismic code for fall over. Everything else is looking pretty bizarre, especially what looks to be the pump output running through a pressure relief valve! Thats a first.

Anyone in industrial maintenance uses "quick-lok" type hose adapters that are collet locked, instantly removable, resuable, and immune to vibration. insert fitting, compression types are only good for copper under very high pressures and the last choice of the day.

Speedbump

Reaction score
Those fittings have been used by Sta-Rite for many years and you can't find them anywhere that I have been in a lot of years. I replace them with brass barb fittings and plastic tubing. No clamps required. One size fits all.

bob...

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Raucina said:
Well, the straps are seismic code for fall over. Everything else is looking pretty bizarre, especially what looks to be the pump output running through a pressure relief valve! Thats a first.

Anyone in industrial maintenance uses "quick-lok" type hose adapters that are collet locked, instantly removable, resuable, and immune to vibration. insert fitting, compression types are only good for copper under very high pressures and the last choice of the day.

We are looking at a water well pump but did you mean low water pressure instead of high pressures?

Anyway, he does not have any high pressures and this type plastic and many other quickly disconnected and reusable compression fittings have been used for decades on all types of water treatment equipment and jet type well pumps on both city water and well water systems around the world.

IIRC, his fittings will not work on copper tubing; or are not to be used with copper tubing, and copper tubing in the same fittings gains what, it would have hidden his overheating pump probably causing motor failure? As it is he may have a melted impeller etc. which is very affordable to replace.

moray

Reaction score
Gary - thanks for the insights here. I'm concerned about your comments below about water capacity for fire fighting. We have a total of 4 pressure tanks:

One FP7135 - 320 Gallons (Vertical)
Three FP7130's - 220 Gallons (Vertical)

These are pre-charged pressure tanks (Flotec), and are rated to compare with equivalent size conventional (standard) tanks in terms of water draw down between pump cycles. (Two of the smaller tanks are dull to percussion, leading me to suspect that the bladders have ruptured.) Does this seem like enough capacity for our needs (fire sprinkler system, 3300 sf house)? As far as I can tell, the same tanks are used for the regular house plumbing and sprinkler system. Thanks!

Gary Slusser said:
What's with the cable ties on the ball valve handles!

I don't know that the stored water is for fire fighting, there's barely enough stored for a family of four for an evening's water use! It seems more a rube goldberg system due to low water flow up the hill than fire fighting.

Atmospheric storage instead of pressurized would be a much better system for both needs. If there is a fire, and no power because it is an electrical caused fire, how is this water used for fire fighting?

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Those tanks being bladder type tanks will have the equivalent gallons of 320 and 220 galvanized tanks but... you only have the draw down gallons in those tanks available and that is nowhere near those figures. And if any have a broken bladder, you have less water to use. And even with 1000 gals of usable water, that is not much when you have a large house. And then I think they have a pressure regulator valve on them so as you use water the flow (gpm) decreases with the pressure decrease.

So I suggest you might want to look into all that.

Speedbump

Reaction score
Even if the bladders would last more than a year in those Flotec tanks (which they normally don't) you would only have approximately 120 usable gallons in all four of those tanks. You won't be putting out many house fires with that.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks