Is it air or something else?

Users who are viewing this thread

rusty763

Reaction score
Hi there~

I've had a sandpoint with a 2hp motor for sprinkling my lawn for a couple years. It's worked fairly well but I've only had the one 2" sandpoint and decided to get more water for the money I'm spending on electricity running the motor. I am down about 11 feet and I added a second point at the same depth, hooked it up and WOW did the water come out of the sprinkler heads.... for about 3 minutes. After that it seemed to be coming out less than before with one sandpoint for about 20 seconds, then it's great for a couple minutes and poor again and so on. I thought I snugged everything up well but will double check all connections for air leaks, could it be anything else contributing by putting the fresh sandpoint? It's weird that it does well for a few minutes and poor for 20 seconds and repeats it over and over. Ideas??

Thanks much! Ross

Speedbump

Reaction score
Sounds like an air leak of some kind. It could also be the wells pulling down and getting air through the top of the screen. Your not very deep you know.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks