No water to bathtub

Users who are viewing this thread

darcysgirl

Reaction score
there is plenty of water running to sink and toilet but all of a sudden not to bathtub, have copper pipes, checked aerator, cleaned screens etc. help!

Cookie

Reaction score
That sucks, eh Darcy. Murphy's law. Not a plumber here, just a sympathetic soul. I bet you were either going to bathe the kids are relax after a hard day at work. Hope you get to the source of the problem soon. :)

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Can you get any water, whether hot or cold? Some valves have a screen on the input, so you'd have to tear it apart to find those. What brand and style of control valve is it?

darcysgirl

Reaction score
no water at all, not a drop, beginning to think that the construction down the road may have something to do with it, they ARE putting a new sewer main:rolleyes: :eek: in........

darcysgirl

Reaction score
Cookie said:
That sucks, eh Darcy. Murphy's law. Not a plumber here, just a sympathetic soul. I bet you were either going to bathe the kids are relax after a hard day at work. Hope you get to the source of the problem soon. :)
Pretty much, although the kids are grown and gone, it still would be nice to have this figured, I've always been the independant sort and this doesn't seem to be all that difficult to figure out......but I seem to be stumped!:confused:

Jadnashua

Reaction score
Changing the sewer shouldn't mess up the potable water supply, unless they banged the pipe and dislodged a bunch of gunk. Did you get any crud out of the screens on any of the other faucets?

Depending on its age, the shower/tub valve may have a pressure balance spool in it. Normally, you'd get some water out of it if it was stuck, though.

Is it a single handle, multiple handle, does it have a diverter valve? What brand is it?

Jadnashua

Reaction score
Different brands have different internals...knowing which could narrow down the possibilities. Is it possible that there are shutoffs for the tub shower and someone turned them off? Maybe behind the wall or in the basement?

darcysgirl

Reaction score
its single handle, older equipment, still searching for a brand, mmm, diverter valve..... thats something to check!

Dan Pick

Reaction score
Have you run the clothes washer since the tub shower quit working? If the construction was actually repairing the water line instead of the sewer line I've seen sand and gravel clog water supplies. Most washing machine lines have screens in the supply inlets and they are usually the first to clog. Just something to check out. You can disconnect one of the hoses and see if there is a screen that has debris in it.

darcysgirl

Reaction score
no water to tub

thank you all, Diverter Valve it was, case solved, you guys Rock!!:p ;)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks