Pressure issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Wet_Boots

Sprinkler Guy
Reaction score
I'll be willing to concede the point of the control of water belonging to the state, with bits of history like the Johnstown Flood showing what private control can lead to. Just the same, I'll gripe about how they administer the control. I always thought a responsible shallow well was taking the load off the deeper aquifers the drinking water wells drew from.

Speedbump

Reaction score
It seems to me, the more control they impose the worse things get. They outlawed well drilling in Dade City years ago. It won't be long before the other towns start doing it. Or maybe the States can figure out a scare tactic to get er done.

Wet_Boots

Sprinkler Guy
Reaction score
I can see Florida as being a special case, with worries over salt intrusion. There must be grey water systems all along the coasts. Areas without such worries may be more into bullying homeowners into buying city water, as for keeping up revenues.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
speedbump said:
The other big thing is the velocity that you pull the water through one. I don't know why this is, but the ones with the big hog pumps plugged much faster than the little 1/4 hp piston pumps would.

bob...

Water hardness scale forms quicker and bacteria form encrustations faster the higher the velocity of the water. Reducing type bacteria in wells love high velocity; especially on/in well screening.

Speedbump

Reaction score
I'm not sure of the exact sizing boots, but it seems if you own an acre or more and want to build, the will let you have a well. If you live in a subdivision like we have going up here like wildfire (cookie cutter homes) it's county water only. So it happens slowly but surely. Salt water intrusion happens mostly this time of year when rainfall is low. Other wise the fresh water holds it back for the most part. Some of the Gulf Coarses on the coasts can cause intrusion by firing up big pumps and drawing the water level down.

So that's what happens Gary, now I know the reason. I knew it happened, I just never knew why. Thanks, I'm smarter now. See old people can learn.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks