(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Help!

DIY Junior Member

Default Help!

So, I'm a single mom and I've somehow gotten into quite the predictament. My 10 month old son knocked a stick of deoderant into the toilet while it was being flushed. For about a week, it's been slow but still working. Well, today, it's just clogged. I can't get anything down. Is there anything *I* can do? On the other side of things, how much will a plumber charge to fix this?? =| Thanks so much!

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You may need to remove the bowl and push the deoderant out from the other side.
    Pricing can vary.
    Most of the time, around $180

Retired Defense Industry Engineer jadnashua's Avatar

If you're really lucky, you might be able to grab it if you reach in there. Probably not. If you can lift the toilet, you'd need a new wax ring when you set it back in place. Sometimes, if they didn't use brass or stainless steel bolts, it can be a pain getting the bolts loose so you can lift the toilet. SOmetimes, you have to cut them off and use new ones. Sometimes a toilet auger will catch it and you can pull it out, but on a relatively smooth shape like the deodoant, not likely.
    Jim DeBruycker
    Important note - I'm not a pro
    Retired Defense Industry Engineer; Schluter 2.5-day Workshop Completed 2013, 2014