Cement Bath Sink Plumbing

Users who are viewing this thread

Bigbobdallas

Reaction score
I am making a cement bath sink out of cement and have enclosed a pic. I need to get some suggestions on the drain. How would you make the drain to be able to work. I am going to make a slit in the bottom and need to know how would you do this

Attachments

• IMAG0193.jpg
    IMAG0193.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 293
Last edited:

Randyj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Ideally, that would have been part of the mold. If you look at a sink it normally has a passageway to overflow holes. What you're going to end up with amounts to a bucket with a hole in the bottom. You'll need some method of cutting a pretty accurate hole. It would be helpful for you to know the thickness of the base and compare that to the threaded portion of a bath drain. If you want to make it really neat and correct it should have a slight bevel around the hole so you can get a good seal when the drain is installed. Just study how a bathroom sink is made and you can tell how the drain hole should be formed. If you're really good you'll figure out a way to get a drain pipe in there that will seal (maybe a spud type attachment) and only concrete wil lbe visible on the top. I think it would be cool for the drain to be opposite side of the wall and not visible at all.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks