strainer drainer blixon, donner,rudolph!

Users who are viewing this thread

digthis

Reaction score
Hello, Hey,
Have a strainer[chrome, screwless} that has separated from my drain {plastic}in my shower stall, can't tell if the drain kit is screw on or glued on, the drain pipe actually had to fall to separate the strainer from it, I'm on a slab, the house is 6 yrs old , called my contractor[left message} to find out if I need the plumber or dyi, While I'm waiting any useful advice would be appreciated! digthis:D

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
If it's the screw-in type, you can reseal it with plumber's putty and use this tool to tighten it back on. That's provided the pipe hasn't pulled so far down you can't reach the threads.

Attachments

• Smart dumbell.jpg
    Smart dumbell.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 189

digthis

Reaction score
Hello,
Thanks for info verdeboy! But I still have not heard from contractor! I don't want to mess with the drain
until I know what I have, It would be nice to see a bunch of different schematics of all types of strainer to drain set-ups so I can tell what I have! The pipe has dropped about a 1/2'' or more, would like to go into more detail but that would be tedious! digthis:eek:

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks