Whirlpool choices and selection

Users who are viewing this thread

OldRadio99

Reaction score
Here is a topic I did not find addresses.... or at least I did not find it.

In our bathroom remodel, we are replacing a 20 year old whirlpool with a new whirlpool tub. We are going with 36x60.

I am overwhelmed with the choices and brands. Initial choice was an American Starndard from a big box retailer but had problems finding a faucet that would work with this tub. What was nice was the price - $699.

Looking for a deeper tub where deptth to overflow is at least 16 inches.

Looking beyond the big box retailers raised the price dramatically. The current selection is a MAAX Topaz.

So my question is, is there really a difference in quality between a $700 big box tub and a $2000 private label brand? If yes, what should I be looking for? I know motor size is one consideration. But is there a difference in the quality of the acryllic? IS it finish, thickness or ???

WHat have the rest of you installed and how happy were you with the choice?

Thanks

Terry - love this place. :)

Reaction score
Website
www.howardemerson.com
Here is a topic I did not find addresses.... or at least I did not find it.

In our bathroom remodel, we are replacing a 20 year old whirlpool with a new whirlpool tub. We are going with 36x60.

I am overwhelmed with the choices and brands. Initial choice was an American Starndard from a big box retailer but had problems finding a faucet that would work with this tub. What was nice was the price - $699.

Looking for a deeper tub where deptth to overflow is at least 16 inches.

Looking beyond the big box retailers raised the price dramatically. The current selection is a MAAX Topaz.

So my question is, is there really a difference in quality between a $700 big box tub and a $2000 private label brand? If yes, what should I be looking for? I know motor size is one consideration. But is there a difference in the quality of the acryllic? IS it finish, thickness or ???

WHat have the rest of you installed and how happy were you with the choice?

Thanks

Terry - love this place. :)

Cut to the chase and check out Jason Whirlpools. They are made by the Jacuzzi family, and their slogan used to be 'Behind every Jason stands a Jacuzzi'.

http://www.jasoninternational.com/products/default.aspx

When I used to install them they were available with a tile flange on whatever side you needed them on. If you'll be showering in this area, as well as bathing, you want a tile flange, not just something that snaps on.

Regards,
Howard

Last edited by a moderator: