Worried About Compromised PVC HVAC Risers

Users who are viewing this thread

Medusa569

DIYer
Reaction score
A few motnhs back our condo had the HVAC risrs replaced due to age. Thei installed PVC ad copple pipes. During one of the PVC installations evidentlly they somehow had their torch aimed mistakenly aimed towards a pvc pipe ( unprotected from heat) as I smelled the bnoxious door of heated pvc and I was running out the door due to the smell. My question is I don't know how structurally compromised the pvc may have become and i'm told from the condo maintenace that the pressure they read off their boiler is 55psi ( if they are eveb accurate) My quesion is is this likely to be a valid concern as a project compromised or should I have them redue that section of heated affected pvc? I don't want to have to deal with the winter season and have hot water further threatening the comromised pipe.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
PVC is not used on the high pressure side of a boiler. It might be a condensation line for AC or if it's a condensation boiler. Depending how bad it might look, it probably would never leak. Post a picture if you can.

Medusa569

DIYer
Reaction score
PVC is not used on the high pressure side of a boiler. It might be a condensation line for AC or if it's a condensation boiler. Depending how bad it might look, it probably would never leak. Post a picture if you can.

OK.. one shot is the full view of their installations both copper and pvc. The other is the warped section where you can see some blister and the shadowing of further warping from the heat.
Riser PVC pipe warped.jpg
Tunlaw Risers  full view_sm.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks