Whole House Pressure Booster Pump

Users who are viewing this thread

amoncarter

Reaction score
We just bought a condo in Dallas where inspection showed 40PSI and the shower on the 3rd floor is anemic, so we looked at pump solutions and have purchased (based on some neighbors) a Grundfos MQ3-45.

I was planning to just connect it in-line between street and house (no intermediate tanks) using a 3 way bypass (that isolates the pump if needed) and just came to the forum for some last minute research and found this thread below.

https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/cu-301-died-maybe.23931/

Now that's for wells, and uses tanks, but I thought I'd ask if someone had any advise/do's and don'ts since I have been worried about cycling and wear and tear and whether I should also look into mods such as these shown for a SQE pump.

Plumbers are in full emergency mode in the DFW area, so I'm forced to look at this on my own.

Thanks.

Attachments

• SQE REPAIR KIT.jpg
    SQE REPAIR KIT.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 125

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Can you install the pump in a location where when it leaks it won't damage anything? Or in a box with an automatic water cut off device? I've installed 3 of the Grundfos Scala2 which have leaked.. Supposedly they've solved this issue, but I won't install these besides in a garage or in a box with cutoff.