Who has made the best water ballon sling shot? And why does it work so well

Users who are viewing this thread

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
sunny+days+007.jpg

This one photo just about sums up my plan for making a massive water ballon sling shot. I want to construct it on my top deck and have it fire 250' to the corner cross roads below my home. I'm not sure if I can get the range from a regular sling shot design but last night wondered about using some of the Bend PVC skills I learned over the past couple days to add some more spring to the design.

Any advice on making a massive water ballon sling shot?

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
This machine looks impressive but fails to deliver. I do not want to invest all the hours of building without the epic result. Some how you need to launch with power but with out stress the ballon so much. I'll goggle the info above next.

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
I suggest you search trebuchet water balloon

Awesome Lead!!! THANKS

This has got to work better.

IMG_0782.JPG

You know the thing you throw a ball to a dog with. The bendy arm extension. I have seen guys throw a ball the entire length of a soccer field with one of those. I was wondering if I made something like that. So it is kind of like the Trebuchet and kind of like a cross bow it might make for a simple tool. I worry about the force on the water as it starts the Warp Factor Five Speen start.

My idea was to use a bowl as a ballon holder so the balloon gets support on most of its lower surface.

The design above looks easy enough to make.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks