Whirpool softener WHES44 Help

Users who are viewing this thread

Pinkllama

Reaction score
We are having trouble with our ~4 year old Whirpool WHES44 water softener. When placed in service mode, there is no flow indicating through the turbine. I’ve replaced both the turbine and flow sensor (even though testing with a magnet showed they were working correctly) and still have no flow indicating on the display. So, I replaced the control panel. Again, no flow indicating. I was doing more troubleshooting and noticed that during the regeneration cycle, the turbine and flow sensor and registering flow during the different stages of regeneration. However, once the softener enters service mode, we lose any flow detection. Are our problems much deeper? Like a cam? Thanks in advance.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Double check to make sure that the house is being fed by the softener and that you do not have a bypass valve in the open position.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks