Which brand of sillcock?

Users who are viewing this thread

GrumpyD

Reaction score
Hey all, after years of reading through, I finally decided to sign up and start with a simple question. I have to replace my 3rd sillcock. While searching through the options I am puzzling over brands: Woodford ($$$, is it worth it?) Sharkbite, American, Legend, etc. Standard anti-siphon, freeze proof , 1/2-in MPT, maybe could fit a 12" though 14" or 16" would be better. I have had failures due to mediocre quality (and rough neighbors), and am tired of it. Can't say definitely what brand is in there now -might be American- as I whipped the handle into the woods in frustration. I am an equal opportunity employer of spendy and salvage- my combo squares are all Staretts, my woodshed is built of pallets and sawmill discard. Any opinions ? and thanks!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Proper installation is critical. Wood ford has some interesting models that might be useful in Maine to include the ability to get hot water. The shaft needs the proper slope to drain properly.

GrumpyD

Reaction score
Thanks for your input. I haven't had freeze problems as I follow installation requirements (was scolded by our former plumbing inspector for "be too concerned about code" and asking him to inspect my work in person for the sign-off). My issues have been corrosion from dissimilar metals and heavy handed users. I thought the Woodford looked well made, no potmetal etc, but can't see one in person and haven't found anyone here who's installed or has one. Cheers

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks