What looks wrong with my setup?

Users who are viewing this thread

Braden1981

Reaction score
I installed a new garbage disposal and now the dishwasher stopped working. Trying to troubleshoot if the drain tubing is too long and if there needs to be a high loop or air gap. Not sure since I’m new at this. Any input appreciated.

Attachments

• 04627E40-C162-42DA-A7CE-62B88121DAA7.jpeg
    04627E40-C162-42DA-A7CE-62B88121DAA7.jpeg
    77 KB · Views: 77

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
Way too much hose and you're missing the loop and are you sure you knocked out the plug in the disposal?

Did you think about installing a DW tee instead of connecting to the garbage disposal as it is a lot closer?

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Most likely the disposer port has a plastic Knock Out plug that is still in place. You can verify it by looking or with the power cord un plugged, feeling inside the disposer.

To knock it out, you will want to unmount the disposer and lay it on the floor. Use a large flathead screw driver and a hammer inserted into the drain port. Place the tip of the screwdriver against the plug and smack the screwdriver with the hammer knocking out the plug. Make sure that the entire plug was removed and remove the plug from inside of the disposer housing.

Reinstall the disposer and create a High Loop with the hose so that the top of the loop is near the counter top.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks