What is happening here? Tub overflow wierdness

Users who are viewing this thread

Steve Lumplow

Reaction score
Hello everyone!!

sdzIhXLeQ%24vvCOn2q%mg.jpg

My second floor tub leaks out the front of my house when my kids bathe and slosh water to the front of the tub and overflow. I attempted to replace the gasket but this does not look as I expected.

Any Idea what is going on? Is this tub failure and the pipe pushed through?

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
It looks like the threaded ring behind the chrome faceplate holds the top of the overflow snug.
And it may or may not need a new rubber washer behind the tub and for the top there.

Steve Lumplow

Reaction score
It looks like the threaded ring behind the chrome faceplate holds the top of the overflow snug.
And it may or may not need a new rubber washer behind the tub and for the top there.

So I pushed very hard on the overflow pipe and I can only get a few centimeters of movement.

Should I try to gasket/silicone caulk the where the pipe and tub meet? It does not seem right but I don't know how else to get to the union without pulling the tub completely

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks