What does the PVC fitting look like that connects to bathroom laves

Users who are viewing this thread

dlink

Reaction score
What does a "back to back fixture fitting look like. I need to connect a 2 sink vanity together. Also this fitting needs to be similair to a 4 way tee so that I can drop a run for the drain and one up for the vent.

thank you

Iminaquagmire

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
BimmerRacer4.jpg

dlink

Reaction score
I went to HD today to look for the double fiture fitting to connect two lav's togther and the pics are what I found, is this correct?

also if it is the correct on what is the correct way of setting up the last pic.
Do I just use a 1 1/2 to 2" adaptor to connect into each side of the double fitting and a 2" to 1 1/2 reducer for the vent?

thnaks

Attachments

• IMG00018.jpg
    IMG00018.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 357
  • IMG00019.jpg
    IMG00019.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 345
  • sink.jpg
    sink.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 346

BimmerRacer

Reaction score
HD sucks. I needed the same thing and I ended up getting a 2x2x1.5x1.5 from Lowes. This way I only need one reducer for the 1.5 vent

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
You can use that fitting. The only drawback is that if you have a line clog and run a snake down either drain the snake will run straight across the tee rather than go down. A clean out above or below would alleviate that situation also.

Jim W

Reaction score
You can use that fitting. The only drawback is that if you have a line clog and run a snake down either drain the snake will run straight across the tee rather than go down. A clean out above or below would alleviate that situation also.

I am no pro but from what I've read, the fitting you show in the picture is not the same fitting as the ones in the pics above your post. Notice the long sweep in the "above" fittings, and the short sweeps of your fitting.

Just like the poster I quoted said, the "snake will run straight across the tee rather than go down" - hence, so could the water - that's why in most places this short sweep fitting is not legal. It should only be used for dry venting, not liquid drainage.

I think what you need is a double wye and two 1/4 ells but like I said, I'm no pro.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
cross

The fitting you show is a sanitary cross, and would be rejected by most knowledgeable inspectors. The correct fitting, a back to back fixture fitting, will come in a version with 2" on the bottom and the other three openings 1 1/2". There are also other configurations depending on the job's requirements. DO NOT use the cross.

dlink

Reaction score
thank you for the info, that is what I thought. I can't see to find these fitting at HD,Lowes etc. where do I get one. Im located in MInnesota

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
cross

That is the wrong one, and as I said previously, when you find the correct one it will have the proper sized openings so you do not need to use bushings.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
A cleanout, even with the right fitting is okay...that doesn't make using the wrong one right, just overcomes one of the deficiencies.

C NUMB

Plumbing Contractor
Reaction score
Website
www.ericsmithplumbing.com
So from what I'm reading you all say this is the wrong fitting or in some cases illegal???:confused:

DWV429.JPG

If so I have been doing it wrong for 30 years. That is what we use for double lavs or back to back installations.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks