Wet venting toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

tcmhvac

Reaction score
Hello! Pls see photo attached
Water closet is wall hung unit above draining via 3" pvc; my question is if I will need to vent the toilet given two "wet vents" donstr3am just within a few feet. Does the stack vent this fixture as well despite draining into a wye with 45? See 4x3 wye on right to drain stack.

Thanks!

tcmhvac

Reaction score
Screenshot_20231101_170630_Gallery.jpg

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
dont see picture but coming off stack with a wye , santee or combi wouldnt matter with a water closet

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
passes upc plumbing code provided developed length to the vent from top of flange is less than 6 ft to vent. sorry didnt notice you have that NJ code nothing at all like anywhere else youll have to crack the book

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
How is the drain of the wall hung toilet connected to the other visible drains? It should connect to the stack on the left, with the lavs and the dry vent from the same story, not the stack on the right. The stack on the right is receiving drainage from the floor above, and can't be used to wet vent anything on this story. While if the WC connects as the next fixture below the san-tee receiving the lavs, it will be wet vented by those lavs.

Cheers, Wayne

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
W/C on top looks good I cant tell about the bottom looks ok what I do see suspect some wyes below the floor

tcmhvac

Reaction score
Thanks so much all for your replies! Attaching image to assist - the wet vent is total 7' from the 3x2 wye - will my toilet flush ? :)
Screenshot_20231104_010438_Gmail.jpg

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
It will work fine. but illegal in my code. something about those tiny pics cant read notes or blow them up to look at it all but dont see issue. usually or sometimes I click on the pic and view full screen

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
That's an impressive stack up of 3 wall hung WCs and 3 double lavs. I can't read any of the small text on the right side; the rest is legible if you enlarge it. All your baths and showers drain separately and are vented separately?

Anyway, the potential issue in that the bottom WC goes directly to the 4" line, rather than joining with the lavs first. If it joined with the lavs first, the lavs would went vent it. However, what is on the 4" line upstream of the picture? You should an unnecessary dry vent pulled off the 4" line upstream of the lavs, and you show the 4" line continuing upstream to left.

Cheers, Wayne

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks