Wet vent Wye to a lav with 90

Users who are viewing this thread

DanielpGRaves

Reaction score
I installed a wye with a street 90 going out of the 45.. going to the lav. I think its looks funny. but plumber running Job says its ok. any advice.

DanielpGRaves

Reaction score
ok here is a rough diagram of what we put in. all a horizontal, but 2 in line going to lav and shower kicked up. ket me know. big issue is the street 90 in the wye???

Attachments

• IMG_0068.jpg
    IMG_0068.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 277

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
It is NOT the best installation. The street ell should be a long sweep, which they do not make, as should the second one. How far is it to the shower from the y?

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Then why didn't you connect the sink at the Y by the toilet bend, or use a combo in the line between the 45 and 90? SEveral ways it could have been done, all better than what you have.

DanielpGRaves

Reaction score
not sure if the drawing is totally correct, but I remember where I put the 3x2 for the lav/shower it was more than feet so I had to bring the 2" wye closer to the shower. so do you think an inspector would pass it? it doesn't hurt to redo it now.

DanielpGRaves

Reaction score
my question is mostly the street 90 in the 45 on the wye. cause my plumber friend told me we could.