Well water test advice

Users who are viewing this thread

mikeee321

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was just looking to get some feedback on a recent water test I got back. The water sample came from my kitchen sink. I currently have a water softener (set to bypass), a UV light, an aeration tank (not sure what it was originally put in for because it doesn't vent out), and a pH neutralizer. I already have a radon mitigation system setup, but am thinking i should also get the aeration tank vented outdoors (the top is currently capped off).

Any other feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Water Test.png

Bannerman

Reaction score
I expect the water treatment equipment is not in the order listed. Please relist in the actual order of flow.

As your equipment list includes an acid neutralizer, with the lab report indicating
7.12 pH, that suggests the water sample that was tested, was not raw well water.

The aeration tank may have been originally due of the presence of Radon, but the air that was added, most likely caused the bacteria that is present, to propagate and become a much larger issue.

Chlorine is most often utilized when there is a bacteria issue. Depending on how the aeration tank is configured, it likely could function as a contact tank to increase the time for chlorine that is injected just prior to the tank, to effectively sanitize the water before it exits from the tank.

mikeee321

Reaction score
I expect the water treatment equipment is not in the order listed. Please relist in the actual order of flow.

As your equipment list includes an acid neutralizer, with the lab report indicating
7.12 pH, that suggests the water sample that was tested, was not raw well water.

The aeration tank may have been originally due of the presence of Radon, but the air that was added, most likely caused the bacteria that is present, to propagate and become a much larger issue.

Chlorine is most often utilized when there is a bacteria issue. Depending on how the aeration tank is configured, it likely could function as a contact tank to increase the time for chlorine that is injected just prior to the tank, to effectively sanitize the water before it exits from the tank.
Thanks for the reply. It flows through a sediment filter, to the water softener, through pH neutralizer, into the aeration tank, out through the UV light and to my home.

The sample was from my sink and wasnt raw water.

The aeration tank seems like a pretty simple setup from what i can see, a whole bunch of sprayers are setup around the tank and kicks on after the float on the inside gets to a point.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks