Help with low water pressure/flow

Users who are viewing this thread

Derick.M

Reaction score
Hey Everyone, I have recently installed a water softener with pre filters and post filters. My setup is 5gpm well with pressure tank 40/60 system, 50 micron spin down filter, 25 micron - 4.5 x 20", water softener, 5 micron - 4.5 x 10", and 9gpm UV light. The issue I am having is I can't get any decent flow after the first 2 weeks of use. It was great at first and now with just the shower running at 1gpm, post treatment pressure is less than 20psi and steadily drops. Pre treatment pressure stays between 40/60psi.

I have tried with the softener in bypass and there is no change. I have tried with different melt blown and wound filter filter cartridges, with very little improvement using the wound cartridge. I have pleated filters ordered but they haven't come in yet.

Any advise is appreciated!

Image.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
I presume that the lower right pressure gauge in your photo shows normal pressure. The upper pressure gauge shows low pressure when you are using a larger flow of water. I think you are pretty sure that the pressure drop is at the taller cartridge filter.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks