Well pump question

Users who are viewing this thread

Jeremy Willis

Reaction score
Hi, I’m new here. This may be a dumb w
Question but I don’t know much lol!

I’m driving in a sand point well at my place on east Texas with 1.25” iron pipe. What are my options for and electric pump? Looks like most folks put a hand pump on these but I’d like to know if it’s possible to put an electric pump on and if so what’s a good one? Thanks
Jeremy

Reach4

Reaction score
You will typically use a "self priming" jet pump.

Is this for a house or just lawn/garden irrigation?

Jeremy Willis

Reaction score
You will typically use a "self priming" jet pump.

Is this for a house or just lawn/garden irrigation?

hi! Thanks for the reply. It’s just an irrigation deal, and animal water troughs. I’m not familiar with how these work. Anyway I could trouble you to give me a model number or type so I could look them up and see how they work?

i think the well will be about 60’ deep

Reach4

Reaction score
A regular suction pump can only draw water from about 25 ft down. It's the top of the water that counts, but if the water level draws down, that counts. So if you cannot meet that limitation, ignore the shallow well pumps..

I don't know that you can put a deep well jet pump into a 1-1/4 pipe, but I don't know that you can't.

Would you want a better pump like a Goulds J5?

What's your favorite store?
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/catalog/well-pumps

https://www.harborfreight.com/1-hp-...th-pressure-control-switch-950-gph-63407.html Probably low quality. Consider getting their extended warranty. 1HP might suck your sand point dry quickly.

I have no experience with jet pumps. However this can get you started searching.

Bannerman

Reaction score
Water cannot be drawn 60' vertically by suction. About 24' vertical is the max at sea level.
To exceed 24' would require a 2 pipe jet pump, and the well casing would need to be larger so as to install the appropriate equipment within the casing to permit water to be circulated down the casing to jet assist the water to the surface within a smaller diameter centre-mounted pipe.

The best pumping method would be to utilize a submersible pump located within a larger diameter drilled well.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks