Well head venting

Users who are viewing this thread

J1mb01

Reaction score
Hello,
recently moved into a home with a 200 foot drilled well, that part of the year seems to go artesian, probably due to high water table.
The well is capped with a vented well cap, which water flows out of creating very wet soil in the area and icicles in the winter. I called the contractor who put the well in and they said that that was a complaint with the previous owner, and they added an extension to the the pipe, but apparently that was not enough.
Their advice was to:

1. Leave it and don’t worry about it.
2. Add a clamp type seal on the inside.
3. Or try to raise the pipe up even further, it’s already 2’ above ground.

My question is, does a well need to be vented, and if so can I just put a check valve in there that allow air in but not water out? If it doesn’t need to be vented can I just add a pressure sealed type well head?
Casing is is 4” pvc.

thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks