Well Components Replaced: WHOA!

Users who are viewing this thread

richg

Reaction score
Howdy folks:

I hope you are rockin on this fine Friday. After more than a month of planning, my pump, wiring, pressure tank, tee and associated hardware was replaced with a stainless Goulds Pump, Well Troll WX-250 and lead-free brass fittings. Dang, here's the difference between guys that know what they're doing and those that don't.

They start off by killing the power and pulling the old pump. "The guy who changed the pump the last time just used wire nuts and didn't bother to even twist the connections. These should have been connected with a crimp fitting and heat shrink tubing to make the connections waterproof. "

"Why did he put in a 115v breaker for a 230v pump? It's a miracle that it worked for all these years" (They put a 230v breaker)

"Why did he put an inline filter before the pressure tank? If the filter clogged, the pump could have sent enough pressure up the line to break open the filter housing. The filter should have been installed after the line exits the pressure tank". They redid the lines so that the whole-house filter is after the pressure tank.

"Why is the old pressure tank charged to 28 PSI with a 40/60 switch?"

Yes, there are a lot of contractors who will squawk about the work done by prior contractors to try and make themselves look like heroes. The difference here is that this company estimated $1600.00 for labor and materials before the job, billed me for $1100.00 after all was said and done and that included a lead free tee, fittings, and relocating the whole-house filter. The two guys watched the pump and pressure tank for 30 minutes before they departed to make sure everything was working correctly. I am satisfied that they did it right. Your onions may vary and I hope pros will chime in.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks