Water Softener System

Users who are viewing this thread

Kevin Murphy

Reaction score
This is my first well.. It's has as softener tank and a sulfur blocker tank. The water has been smelling like sulfur. I paid someone to come out and they found the softener was working but the sulfur tank was programmed wrong, basically acting as another softener. I know nothing about this and want to make sure it is set up correct. Can anyone tell me the correct settings? So he just set it up to regen the sulfur tank daily at 12AM, and the softener every 7 days at 2AM.

Reach4

Reaction score
To understand what is needed for a sulfur blocking tank, it would be good to know what the media is. And if a solution gets drawn in during regeneration. If the system was intended to draw in a bleach solution, and you stopped providing the bleach solution, that would hurt the performance.

Sanitizing your well and plumbing can often cut down on H2S (sulfur) smell. https://terrylove.com/forums/index....izing-extra-attention-to-4-inch-casing.65845/ is my writeup for sanitizing with submersible pump wells. If your pump is above ground, then that write-up will not be so applicable.

With regen at midnight, I presume you told him that you were earlybirds.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks