Water softener selection for new house on well

Users who are viewing this thread

RSNovi

Reaction score
Hi,
I am building a 2950 sq ft house with three bathroom and a family of four. The contractor is allowing me to select whatever water softener I would like. Here is the little bit of water information I received.
  • Hardness= 19gpg
  • Iron= 1ppm
  • Total Dissolved Solids= 304ppm
I originally contacted a local dealer who quoted
  • Hellenbrand E3 48K Softener
  • EcoWater ESD 2752 R39
The Hellenbrand is around $1600 installed and the EcoWater is around $2000 installed.
After speaking with my contractor he told me his plumber would install whatever I would like for around $200, but I would most likely have to set it up.
It looks like I can get water softeners for well under $1000. What would you recommend? Thanks.
Chris

Reach4

Reaction score
You would probably want a 2.5 cubic ft softener with a 13" x 54" inch tank.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Agreed, and with a Fleck or Clack non proprietary valve. I would also recommend using some citric acid resin cleaner regularly just to keep the system running nicely. 1 PPM iron is not too bad but I would monitor it occasionally to make sure it doesn't go much higher.

RSNovi

Reaction score
Thanks all. I spoke with Allan and he answered all my questions.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks