Water Softener Level?

Users who are viewing this thread

pellouch

Reaction score
I looked in my water softener tank and saw the top picture. Then I added two bags of softener salt, and it looks like the bottom picture.
Is the bottom picture the right amount of salt to be in the tank?

1699232249903.png

Reach4

Reaction score
As long as some salt peeks above the liquid, then your liquid will be saturated, and stratification cannot occur. So you are fine for now and at least thru the next regen.

If you want to keep a minimum amount of salt in the brine tank while you are testing, and feeling out, your new system, you can next pour a bag toward a corner. The whole surface of the liquid need not be covered in salt.

Once you are confident in the system and you have a feel for things, you can raise the salt level to avoid having to visit the tank as often.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks