Water shut off

Users who are viewing this thread

thomsk

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

New to home ownership and just had my first small leak from the kitchen sink. Don't have any valves under the sink to kill the supply to the taps there so need to go and turn off the main.When I get out there, I find there is no valve or switch to turn. Need some advice and direction here and appreciate you all for any and all information.

Screenshot 2023-10-07 at 1.10.30 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-10-07 at 1.10.43 PM.png

Eman85

Reaction score
Where does the main water line come into the home? I'd look there for a shutoff valve somewhere in that line. Not familiar with what you show in the pics, my meters have a 1/4 turn valve that uses a large T handle wrench to shut the main water off at the meter. Move some of that dirt for a better look.

GReynolds929

Reaction score
If there are no valves at the fixtures you most likely have a manifold somewhere like a manabloc or similar with individual shut off's on the manifold. Usually located in a laundry room or master closet, etc. Like @Eman85 siad uncover more of the meter and piping and the should be a valve in there somewhere.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
the round thingy is where a normal shut off is around here its very common to have a shut off on both sides you might have one on your side of meter perhaps just baREly beneath the dirt . the round knob looks like a tamper proof device . call water company they should tell you but you need shut offs

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks