Water pressure going from 12 to 82psi (with new switch)

Users who are viewing this thread

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
The port is close enough to the edge that part of the threaded nipple may be visible in a portion of it but it needs to be opened up as much as possible.

Worst case, you put a plug in that port and share the port the pressure gauge is using by adding a Tee.

Szydlowm

Reaction score
I was able to break things loose. It was VERY badly blocked. But there's thick black sediment that was blocking it and it almost seems oily. Should I start getting concerned?

Attachments

• IMG_1190.JPG
    IMG_1190.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 184

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Black ink-like sediment is manganese. Horrible stuff, builds up in and on everything. When I pulled my submersible pump it had over a quarter inch of it coating the outside.

If you got it opened up a bit then maybe just swap the ports and use that one for the gauge and the one the gauge is in for the switch. The port the gauge is in should be opened wide since there is nothing else near it.

Reach4

Reaction score
Concerned? I would think less than you were an hour or two ago. You have located your immediate problem, it seems, and you are taking steps to fix it.

Have you had a lab water test done? What are your manganese levels? It is not a health problem, but black and oily is a characteristic.

Does your water have an H2S smell? There are sulfur compounds that can be black and oily.

Should you sanitize your well and plumbing. I would, but I would wait until spring or at least a few warmer days.

Can you remove the T that the relief valve and drain valve are on for better access?

Szydlowm

Reaction score
That was it! Manganese is looking to become a part of my family...but that just isn't going to happen. I scraped out the insides of the manifold and cleared the openings from the gauge and the nipple. I would have never thought the switch wasn't working because water wasn't properly flowing to it. Sincerely...THANK YOU both so much for your suggestions. Your willingness to help saved me SO much money and helped me learn quite a bit that I'll need to know in the future. Now...time for a beer. Cheers!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks