Water line plugged from well?

Users who are viewing this thread

eod3871

Reaction score
Is there a way to clean out the water supply line between my well and the house?

This morning I noticed that I had no water pressure, checked the gauge, it was around 20 psi. Pump normally kicks on around 38 and off at 58, give or take. Power on both sides of pressure switch. Went to well (submersible) and installed a hose on the cleanout, turned the breaker on and had water. So the pump works, replaced in Aug 2009. Pressure switch and tank were replaced earlier this year, just changed water filters. My only thought is that the water line is plugged between well and house.

I'm thinking I can temporarily bypass it with garden hose from the cleanout to a drain valve I have in the basement. Not really wanting to have new water line run, but since the frost free hydrant outside is broke, guess I'd get that fixed as well. Thanks for the advice

Chris

eod3871

Reaction score
Just put a test gauge on the clean out. Low pressure there also means pump problem not clogged line.
I'll give that a shot. might need to rig something up so may take a bit.

I know rust sediment is a problem, I'm guessing the well was originally installed when the house was built in 1978. We've lived here since 2005.

Reach4

Reaction score
My only thought is that the water line is plugged between well and house.
See https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/clogged-pipe-wellhead-to-house.85554/
I'm thinking I can temporarily bypass it with garden hose from the cleanout to a drain valve I have in the basement. Not really wanting to have new water line run, but since the frost free hydrant outside is broke, guess I'd get that fixed as well. Thanks for the advice
They make hoses for carrying potable water.

eod3871

Reaction score
I'll give that a shot. might need to rig something up so may take a bit.

I know rust sediment is a problem, I'm guessing the well was originally installed when the house was built in 1978. We've lived here since 2005.
And its fixed. That frost free hydrant that was broke? Well, water pressure eventually overcame the rust or what ever was holding it closed and opened it for me. Now to fix that... thanks guys!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks