Washer hoses and other supply

Users who are viewing this thread

Blooze

Reaction score
We got a new front load washer and dryer (with the steam option) about 4 years ago and I was thinking about the hoses. I don’t pull the washer out much at all (I think once I the the 4 years) and there’s a cabinet above it so you can’t see the hoses or shutoff unless you do pull it out. I do have a wireless water sensor there on the floor that would help should there be a leak, but good hoses are better.

Would any of you with some experience give some advice on what brands/models to be looking at?

Blooze

Reaction score
We got a new front load washer and dryer (with the steam option) about 4 years ago and I was thinking about the hoses. I don’t pull the washer out much at all (I think once I the the 4 years) and there’s a cabinet above it so you can’t see the hoses or shutoff unless you do pull it out. I do have a wireless water sensor there on the floor that would help should there be a leak, but good hoses are better.

Would any of you with some experience give some advice on what brands/models to be looking at?
I mean, I know it's a basic question and I can google, but the opinions of people who do this for a living is important for me.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I Saw the Post and I been in the trade 36 years but dont have a specific brand I usually go braided hoses but bought ones from the big box for my personal home in a pinch. Sorry to tell you Im stumped other than looking at them and getting what I thought wasa heavy duty. good luck. I think its a valid question

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
Some condos & apartments only require SS Braided Hoses and to be change out about every five years. I had a SS hose under the bathroom sink weep for a while at the crimp connection. On house inspection to sell the home, the home inspector found it. What saved the day was a stack of bath towels. Any hose can leak at any time. If you really want to know what is best, stop at a local plumbing supplier. They generally do not buy big box store quality. They want no returns or headaches from their plumbing contractors.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks