Walk-in Shower Advice

Users who are viewing this thread

PumpNewb1

Reaction score
Hi -

I have a couple of questions.

I am remodeling my bathroom and want to make walk in shower.

A couple of points before I ask my questions.

• plumbing will be moved to the back wall so the shower is spraying from left to right . -the doorway in the back right corner will be framed out and turned into a wall (pointless door). -the goal is to make the shower space the total width as shown in my drawing.
  1. How do I know how much space is required between the shower head and glass ending ? My idea was even though there is a curb at the end to have everything pitched towards the left side and not need a curtain over the curb . I have a example of what I am going for
  2. Do you think I need to move the vent in the back corner ? It would be about 5’ ft away from where the shower was but in the enclosure
Thanks for your help !

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Are you planning a rain shower head or one with more velocity? You won't get much bounce of the spray with a rain shower, but it will be tougher to rinse say shampoo from your hair.

You're required a minimum of a 24" opening into the shower, so you can use that as a guide. Not closing it off also means you'll have a draft as the air heats up from the shower, it will rise, move out, and cold air will replace it.

Code in most of the USA requires a maximum of 5' to the vent with a 2" pipe, so 'about 5' ' could be an issue.

PumpNewb1

Reaction score
"Not closing it off also means you'll have a draft as the air heats up from the shower, it will rise, move out, and cold air will replace it."

Didn't think of that- ty for pointing it out - Might have a glass company come out to see their idea of making a enclosure.

Yes, also the plan was a rainhead plus a wand/regular head.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks