Vespin II vs Aquia IV

Users who are viewing this thread

Chezmike

Reaction score
hello,

I am installing a new toilet in the basement, and will add a washlet.

How do these two toilets compare? I believe the Vespin II is the skirted version of the Drake II which is highly recommended on this site. Locally the Vespin II is much more expensive than the Aquia IV.

On Toto’s site, the Aquia IV is much more expensive.

Reach4

Reaction score
Aquia IV extends about 13/16 less from the wall than Vespin II. That can be a big deal. Aquia is dual flush.

Both are Unifit.

Chezmike

Reaction score
Aquia IV extends about 13/16 less from the wall than Vespin II. That can be a big deal. Aquia is dual flush.

Both are Unifit.

Does one flush and/or stay cleaner than the other? I gather Vespin II has a larger water spot.

Also does the fact that the toilet is in the basement have any bearing on the toilet that is most suitable?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Since a toilet needs to evacuate the entire bowl, regardless of the flush on a dual-flush toilet, there cannot be as much water in the bowl...basic.

Both toilets should flush about the same, with the Aquia saving some water along the way.

If the drain lines are properly installed, it doesn't matter whether the toilet is in the basement, or on the 100th floor of a high rise...gravity drains it away as long as the lines are sloped properly.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Look in the phone book (do you have Yellow Pages in Canada) and find several plumbing supply places, the ones that sell to the public and professionals. You have probably never noticed them in your town. Call them with the exact model number of each toilet, including the color number, and ask them their price for each if you were to buy it today. Some will quote you the stupid list price from the Toto web site (which is what a decorator will charge you for the toilet), some will quote a great bargain. Some will be jerks, some will be nice. Use the nice cheap one. It usually takes calling about 5 of these places to get the nice cheap one, in my experience. Figure at least 40 percent off list.

People love both toilets.

Chezmike

Reaction score
Update - drake II and aquia iv both $500. (Cdn)

I am adding a swash 1000 bidet which seems to work with both but easier with a non-skirted I think.

Does it matter which I buy? If I buy a t-valve do I need the brondell branded one or will anything do?

Edit: looking back at this chain AND looking more closely at the specs on Toto’s site, it seems like there is not 1/4” difference in their length, but 3/4” behind the toilet + 1/4” difference in length which is way too much. T-valve and odd mounting it may be.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks