Using gravity flush on a flushometer bowl

Users who are viewing this thread

Dadnoz

Reaction score
is it possible to use a tank on a bowl specified for flushometer use? the tank would need to have sufficient capacity of course, but are there other considerations?

Wanting to revert a 2 piece 4 bolt wall mounted toilet back to an in wall tank as originally installed circa 1960.

Considering a Kohler K-4323-0 bowl (or similar) with a Geberit 109304005 tank.

Thanks!

Reach4

Reaction score
If I wanted to get a Flushometer toilet working in a home with normal plumbing, I would consider using a precharged pressure tank, as are used with wells. Maybe a 20 gallon tank, which can deliver about 5 gallons. A smaller one may work.

In the realm of possible, you could upgrade your home plumbing size to not require any tank to support the flow rate needed. People sometime replace their service line from the street for various reasons. If you were going to do that, perhaps because you are doing and addition or your existing line had some failure, you could upsize the service line size at the same time.

I am not saying your proposed method is impossible, but it seems less probable.

Dadnoz

Reaction score
If I wanted to get a Flushometer toilet working in a home with normal plumbing, I would consider using a precharged pressure tank, as are used with wells. Maybe a 20 gallon tank, which can deliver about 5 gallons. A smaller one may work.

In the realm of possible, you could upgrade your home plumbing size to not require any tank to support the flow rate needed. People sometime replace their service line from the street for various reasons. If you were going to do that, perhaps because you are doing and addition or your existing line had some failure, you could upsize the service line size at the same time.

I am not saying your proposed method is impossible, but it seems less probable.

Thanks! Will research the pressure tanks. My incoming service might be sufficient as the builder had installed a 1 1/2” fire hose in the basement! Will check the possibility of running a 1” supply to the toilet as well.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Those bowls need a huge amount of water for a short amount of time, which is why they need a large supply line and enough pressure behind them to work.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks