Triangle Tube Prestige Solo 175 Boiler, Constant CH call? Help

Users who are viewing this thread

steve9273

Reaction score
I have a Triangle Tube Prestige Solo 175 Boiler. Runs on propane and is about 9 years old.

Lately I have noticed that the Boiler had been turning on quite frequently, even when the thermostats are all off and no hot water is being used. It will run for a few minutes, reach is setpoint, turn off for a few minutes, and repeat the cycle.

After downloading the manual I realized that there was a continous CH1 and CH2 call, even though the thermostats are all off. I verified that there was a CH call by navigating to the information menu on the Boiler.

How can I troubleshoot where the issue is?

Additional information:
1) The home has 5 zones and Thermostats
2) It controls radient heat (primary), as well as forced hot air. Domestic hot water (however that seems fine)
3) It is connected to a Buderus LT200 - 53 Gal. - Horizontal Indirect Water Heater.

I even disconnected the thermostat wires to the Boiler, yet it still has a CH1 and CH2 call (as a test).

Fitter30

Reaction score
7-8 terminals are heating
11-12 terminals are dhw
If you read 24 vac between them not calling for heat
0 vac calling for heat

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks