Trane or Amana install for 2024 or 2025...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Brian Ferri

Reaction score
3 Questions...

First: I want to replace my Central Air system with Trane or Amana. I've only had Trane, and the current Trane I have is over 22 years old and is running great. I was planning on replacing it this Fall when it's cooler in the attic for the Air Handler install to include new ductwork. I found an install I want to use who proposes Amana. This is a 5 star installer...and I trust them. I don't know the reliability of Amana.

Second: The installer said since I was replacing in the Fall, maybe wait for early 2025 when the refrigerant changes. Does it matter to wait for 2025? I don't know the pro's or con's of having it installed in 2024 or 2025 with newer refrigerant.

Third: What is the lifespan of the round flex ducts in the attic? I know mine are over 22 years old. Should these be replaced as well? I had a ridiculous $88K Geothermal estimate that I was told there's no need to replace the flex ducts. I'm not buying it!

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
Going to a more efficient upgrade, generally the duct size needs to increased and should include the returns. Old duct work generally needs cleaning but they do-not wear out.
Waiting for the new refrigerant will cost more, going with the current refrigerant is how long will it be before the refrigerant is phase out.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks