Toto Ultramax II Tank Fill Height Too High

Users who are viewing this thread

Jim McGowan

Reaction score
I have two Toto Ultramax II toilets installed in my house, one in 2016 and one in 2018. The older one started making a running sound a couple months ago and after much checking I finally decided to change out the flapper with a Korky 3060. BTW, I noticed before changing the flapper that the water level in the tank was 1 - 5/8 inches below the top of the overflow tube. The new flapper appeared to have stopped the running sound, however it wasn’t long before it started again. Now the water level in the tank is literally 1/8 to 1/4 inch below the top of the overflow tube. And I cannot seem to get it lower.

Back before I changed the flapper I had tried to adjust the tank fill level using the adjusting screw on top of the fill valve. (Green top). Neither clockwise nor counter-clockwise helped. When I tried to get it back to its original position the screw came loose from the floating part - got it back together but that was a PITA!

Any suggestions as to what to do from here? If a new fill valve is in order, which one would I need? Toto doesn’t list the Ultramax II on any of its parts unfortunately.

Thanks for any help.

Jim McGowan

Jim McGowan

Reaction score
Thanks Reach4. I just ordered a Korky 528GT fill valve - delivery set for Friday. I'll post back after swapping them out.

Thanks again!

Jim McGowan

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks