Toto Guinevere Bad Flapper

Users who are viewing this thread

ohgreat

Reaction score
the flapper on my toilet was literally sucked down the drain pipe. now the toilets occasionally gurgle when the washing machine drains.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
the flapper on my toilet was literally sucked down the drain pipe. now the toilets occasionally gurgle when the washing machine drains.

I have read this post a bunch of times without saying anything...so now I will.

I'm not sure I understand the logic here, but maybe I'm not understanding the post.

If the flapper went down the hole in the bottom of the tank, then it's stuck in the pathways in the porcelain bowl. It certainly isn't going to come out the little holes around the top of the bowl, and unlikely to come out the cyclone flush holes in a Toto or even out of the siphon jet hole -- at least not in a size (i.e. size of pieces) that will do any damage if it then goes down the toilet bowl drain.

If it went down the toilet bowl drain -- how did it get there? Did someone take it out of the tank and drop it in the bowl?

If it (or its pieces) didn't stick in smaller pathway of the toilet drain, I don't see how it has anything to do with OTHER toilets gurgling when the washing machine drains, in other words how it could have impacted the larger 3" or 4" main drain.

If the original poster can give us a little more detail, maybe we can help better.

But right now, the logic of this post is hard for me to follow...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks